The region and access
Sitting on the languid Canal du Midi, the pretty village of La Redorte is about 45 minutes from the beaches of the Mediterranean, and an hours from the foothills of the majestic Pyrénées.
This is France’s most exciting wine region, punctuated by romantic Cathar castle ruins and stunning medieval churches, such as the abbeys of Fontfroide and Lagrasse.
Closed by is the town of Carcassonne, with its world-famous medieval castle, and pretty Narbonne, with its warren of medieval streets, bustling indoor market and elegant cathedral.
Our friendly team here are on hand to make sure you get the most out of your time in the region, and recommend the best places to visit, eat and taste wine.
Getting here couldn’t be easier. Dinstances to:
TGV high-speed train:
- Carcassonne station - 40km
- Narbonne station - 40km
- Carcassonne - 40km (RyanAir)
- Béziers Cap d’Agde - 70km (RyanAir)
- Perpignan - 90km (RyanAir, FlyBe, Aer Lingus)
- Toulouse - 120km (British Airways, EasyJet, Aer Lingus, KLM, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, German Wings, Germania)
- Montpellier - 140km (EasyJet, RyanAir, SAS, KLM)
- Carcassonne - 40min
- Narbonne - 40min
- Béziers - 45min